How often do you travel?
- Dr. Pat and Brother Dave travels as often as necessary to meet with the
Persecuted Church to bring encouragement and to oversee (the continuation of)
Bible distribution and other projects. This usually involves at least
three trips a year between us, visiting multiple countries with each trip.
Why do you encourage the persecuted Christians to stay in their countries rather than emigrate?
- Christians who are persecuted for their faith are very much
like us. They suffer from discouragement and have families that they struggle
to protect. Immigration to a country with religious freedom is very tempting
for them. For example, 80% of the Christians in the Middle East have left their
countries. There are precious few who remain to reach the non-Christians with
the Gospel. These are a committed remnant that we encourage through visits,
Bible distribution and support to remain in their native lands. They are well
equipped to reach their fellow countrymen with the Gospel because they know the
language and the culture. Most importantly, they are committed to Jesus
Christ and, in obedience, are used by Him to bring Good News to the nations.
What countries does Living Stones International work in?
- In the past 40 years Dr. Pat has worked with Christians in China, Cuba, Grenada, Nicaragua, Czechoslovakia, French Guiana, Guyana, Ethiopia, and Suriname. For the last 16 years, she and our team have ministered in Muslim countries in the Middle East and North Africa. They have brought encouragement and Bibles to Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria, Egypt and Sudan.
- Brother Dave came on in 2016 and has been to many of the same countries. He has also had the privilege of meeting believers in Mauritania, and Tunisia.
How do you gather the information that you put in your Prayer Letters?
- Most of the information that we gather is from co-workers Dr. Pat and Brother Dave meet as they visit with those who are persecuted because of their faith.
How do you find Christians in these restricted nations?
- God calls us to go, so we go. He has always opened the doors
for us to meet Christians who are persecuted. Dr. Pat has said that she doesn't
seek them out, but God has brought the Christians to her even when she enters a
country for the first time and knows no one. She also says that "we can
make plans, but almost always, my plans are changed by God. And, His plans are
always better than mine."
Besides Bible deliveries, what else does Living Stones do in countries overseas?
- We bring encouragement to those Christians who are persecuted for their faith by being there and by praying with them. With the donations of fellow Believers, we are able to support local pastors who are persecuted but continue to bring the Gospel and Bibles to their communities. News Service provides Christian training materials, and sponsors Christian conferences.
What do the persecuted Christians ask for?
- The second thing they ask for is Bibles. Many Christians have never owned a Bible and it is our privilege to provide Bibles for them.
Has there been a time when you've really been afraid for your life?
- There is little danger for Dr. Pat, Brother Dave, or their team members.
However, there is a real threat to those we minister to because our
persecuted brethren are under the scrutiny of their government. They can face
imprisonment, torture, and even death for their Christian activities.
How do you communicate so well when you don't know the language?
If God calls you to go then it is up to God to provide all the necessities for the trip. God has always provided Christians who know English and the local language to act as translators.
How can we help the persecuted Christians?
Is Living Stones affiliated with a particular denomination?
- (We are classified by the IRS as a 501-C3, a
non-profit organization and all donation are tax deductible)